The purpose of this exercise was to review the findings from 5.0 Taking stock and, from these, create a set of objectives for the final assignment.
Key words from the brief:
- Make an action list from your observations.
- Think about the outcomes you would like to achieve in this final assignment.
- I would like to use the final assignment to ……
- Prioritise by numbering, ticking or circling whichever actions you think are most important
- Translate this list visually in your sketchbook using icons , drawings, symbols and adding words inventively
I would like to use the final assignment to:
- Work in sequence;
- write words;
- experiment with more media;
- think more about meaning;
- use words;
- combine fast observational drawing and slow studio development;
- develop better architectural line;
- combine doodle style alongside observational work; and
- continue to think through story arc and narrative structure.
I applied as many of the objectives listed above into my visual action plan against an ‘everyday’ subject.