Definition of ready (DOR) is a term used in the software development industry to define clearly and unambiguously when a task or feature is completed.
Typically this consists of a checklist of criteria that need to be fulfilled. Once the criteria have been met (and verified), a task can move into ‘Doing’.
The DOR is iterative and will change over time.
DOD for research tasks and exercises
- Will doing the work provide value?
- Pay close attention to the tools of the job and make sure they match the intended outcome
- Have research objectives been considered?
- Does the visual approach and making approach produce enough creative risk?
- Have previous lessons been considered?