The purpose of this exercise was think about ways to present my practice to the outside world.
Key words from the brief:
- Opportunities to present your practice to a wider audience
- Pick examples that you find interesting
- Reflect on these in your learning log
I gathered my thoughts in a mindmap.
This generated a number of areas of enquiry.
Opportunities to explore further
There were three areas to explore further:
- Exploring ways to extend the use of illustration in my day job – supporting large corporate organisations to develop products
- Using crowdfunding (such as Kickstarter), to generate funding to publish ‘Broken’ and create interest in what I do/offer as an illustrator
- Using a more traditional approach; presenting a carefully constructed portfolio of work to illustration agencies interested in representing me and/or to new clients
These three areas are not mutually exclusive and there should be plenty of scope for work/opportunities in one area to feed into another.
I will explore the use of crowdfunding in Assignment 5 PART 2 – Project marketing and self-promotion in some detail.